[arch-women] Fwd: Re: ArchWiki: GNU Documentation License

Alad Wenter alad at archlinux.info
Tue May 5 18:40:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

I couldn't attend the May meeting due to irregular college hours, but
I've read the logs and saw the possible license of classrooms was
discussed. I'm attaching a mail from Kynikos confirming how projects
collaborating with ArchWiki should indeed keep the same license (as the
GNU Documentation License 1.3 describes).

The GDL isn't flawless, but it's well established and I think the
required logging of changes and attribution of content speak for itself.
"Invariant sections" can be added on-demand, but are by no means
mandatory. [1]

I also believe Kynikos makes a fair point on how both wiki and classroom
projects could share efforts (and he did show his enthusiasm towards
Classroom in a later email). Particularly in cases when time is too
short to prepare a full class, and to reach more people interested in
Arch Linux topics.

Regards,

Alad

[1]