[aur-dev] Joining the list

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 04:20:33 EST 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 5:42 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/2/2, Henrique Carvalho Alves <hcarvalhoalves at gmail.com>:
>
> > (Sorry for some eventual mistake, english is not my native lang)
> >
> > According to the forum topic http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=43212 ,
> > I procceded to subscribe to the list, so... hi everyone! ;)
> >
> > Wanna know if someone is already working on the new site design to the AUR
> > pages, and how I can help.
> >
> > If nobody is working at it, I can start doing an apropriate CSS, following the
> > current site/bbs template, and find if modifications on AUR code are needed
> > (to correct generated HTML output), or if it all can be done the way it's now
> > with CSS only.
>
> Probably Simo (neotuli) worked on new design at the same time he
> changed main site, I'm not sure.
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

The AUR in git has the header and colours already finished so it fits
in with the rest of the site, you can see it here
http://aur.neotuli.net/ which is sort of broken at the moment but it
at least gives you an idea. If you want to work on say making the rest
of the AUR look like the main site it's probably going to take way
more work than just editing some css files. Right now most of the
pages have the html mixed in with the php, most of it uses tables (I
mean for layout rather than for the search results) and old tags like
<b> and <center> and not a whole lot of it can be fixed just by
editing the css.

If you are willing to try take this on it might be best to work
something out so we move everything into templates, it would probably
take a lot of work by itself but there's no point in hacking it any
further, might as well fix stuff up while we're at it. In the thread
you linked Simo posted links to the git repo so you could always see
what you can do with it at the moment.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett