[aur-dev] Mini Roadmap

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 21 13:30:06 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 07:33:05AM -0500, Loui wrote:
> I noticed some repetitive code in the search page a long time ago that
> really could be put into a function. (Some stuff that has to do with
> various sorting options)

definitely go for it.

> I'd be interested in working on that part. Changes would also make
> URLs a bit nicer
>
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SB=l&SO=d&PP=25
> instead of
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&L=0&C=0&K=&SB=l&SO=d&PP=25&SeB=&do_MyPackages=&do_Orphans=

Hmmm. See by nicer urls, I was thinking something along the lines of not
using arbitrary abbreviations for every variable. So changing to
something like:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SortBy=location&SortOrder=desc&PerPage=25

I think even ugly urls might become halfway readable that way, and
keeping track of it all in code is a lot easier.

> It's probably a good idea to divide tasks appropriately now so we
> don't need to duplicate efforts or run into conflicts.

Indeed, call 'em if you want em :)

-S