[aur-dev] AUR Variable Names

Sebastian Nowicki xilonmu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 13:06:00 EST 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 12:16:33PM -0500, Loui wrote:
> First of all look at how many of those variables are empty. Make the
> code not put empty variables into the URL and make the code that gets
> the variables deal with unset/empty variables. I was working on this
> at some point.

I don't think this is possible. The code has nothing to do with what the
browser sends to the server. The way it works is that the browser
requests the search page from the server. The PHP script does it's thing
and outputs the HTML page, which gets downloaded and displayed to the
user. The user inputs whatever keywords the user wants and submits. The
_browser_ then parses the form and sends the appropriate GET/POST
headers (and content). Since some fields are empty (I assume this is why
empty variables show up) the browser sends these empty variables in the
GET request.

The only solution to this that I see is by using JavaScript to
dynamically remove any empty fields from the form on an onSubmit event,
though I'm not sure that this would actually work.