[aur-dev] Proposal: AUR bug fix release

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 19 03:28:51 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 02:35:47PM -0400, Loui wrote:
> Orphans searching seems to be broken on your test site, but is working
> fine on mine when I'm running the same testing branch. It might have
> something to do with the database. AURMaintainer vs. Maintainer or
> something. I'm looking into it.
>
> Hey don't be so hard on yourself. Just let us know what's up.
> Happy St. Patty's and Cheers ;)

Whoahhh nelly. pkg_search_page() is one very large steaming pile of
[moose, ox, horse, cow] shit.

Did you know, for instance, that every search page load since 2005 has
been pulling a list of _every_ AUR user out of the DB for _every_ query?
I didn't, and I'll be damned if it stays that way.

I'm going to wrecking-ball pkg_search_page(), should be getting back to
you on that very soon. Poke me with a large stick if I dont 8)

-S