[aur-dev] Proposal: AUR bug fix release

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 19 12:18:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:53:41AM -0400, Loui wrote:

> Daaaamn. I knew it was pretty bad but I don't remember noticing that
> one. I'm not a huge fan of the wrecking ball approach anymore though...
> I've come to realise that it can be a real pain to figure out what's
> going on and it's a lot easier to test and be confident of small
> changes. But lots of small changes add up!

Well, a little progress update. The first half hour was spent swearing
(alot) and documenting every single request variable the function
deals with. This is probably useful to you guys as well...

/* pkg_search_page(SID)
 * outputs the body of search/search results page
 *
 * parameters:
 *  SID - current Session ID
 * preconditions:
 *  package search page has been accessed
 *  request variables have not been sanitized
 *
 *  request vars:
 *    O  - starting result number
 *    PP - number of search hits per page
 *    L  - package location ID number
 *    C  - package category ID number
 *    K  - package search string
 *    SO - search hit sort order:
 *          values: a - ascending
 *                  d - descending
 *    SB - sort search hits by:
 *          values: l - package location
 *                  c - package category
 *                  n - package name
 *                  v - number of votes
 *                  m - maintainer username
 *    SeB- property that search string (K) represents
 *          values: nd - package name&description
 *                  m  - package maintainer's username
 *                  s  - package submitter's username
 *    do_MyPackages - boolean. whether to only include
 *                     logged in's packages
 *    do_Orphans    - boolean. whether to search packages
 *                     without a maintainer
 *    do_Search     - boolean. whether to execute a search
 *
 *
 *    These two are actually handled in packages.php.
 *
 *    IDs- integer array of ticked packages' IDs
 *    action - action to be taken on ticked packages
 *             values: do_Flag   - Flag out-of-date
 *                     do_UnFlag - Remove out-of-date flag
 *                     do_Adopt  - Adopt
 *                     do_Disown - Disown
 *                     do_Delete - Delete
 *                     do_Notify - Toggle notification
 */