[aur-dev] Ghost comment notifications

mario.stg at sympatico.ca mario.stg at sympatico.ca
Tue May 6 18:51:16 EDT 2008

Looking at the script pkgedit.php, receiving the comment through email is
simply a matter of doing something like :

Changing this :

$body = "A comment has been added to ".$row['Name'].", you may view it
at:\nhttp://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=".$_REQUEST["ID"]."\n\n\n---\nYou
received this e-mail because you chose to recieve notifications of new
comments on this package, if you no longer wish to recieve notifications
about this package, please go the the above package page and click the
UnNotify.";

To :

$body = $row['Name'] . " has been commented as follow :\n\n"
$body. = $_REQUEST['comment']."\n\n"
$body = "You may also view it
at:\nhttp://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=".$_REQUEST["ID"]."\n\n\n---\nYou
received this e-mail because you chose to recieve notifications of new
comments on this package, if you no longer wish to recieve notifications
about this package, please go the the above package page and click the
UnNotify.";

But:  The comment must be sanitized before sending to suscribers.  Maybe
retrieve it after it is inserted in the DB.

Mario