[aur-dev] AUR2 Direction

Sebastian sebnow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 08:13:19 EST 2009

Hi guys,

I've picked up AUR2 development once again, and made it work with
Django 1.0+. I want to start working on binary package support, but
I'm unsure as to how to go about it. The current AUR depends on
background scripts which populate the database. I really don't like
this idea. It's fine for them to exist, but AUR2 should not depend on
them. I was thinking of writing a parser for binary packages[1] and
using the same upload interface for binary packages as for PKGBUILD
packages. Permissions to upload would obviously be restricted to
specific groups.

This generalization would also allow me to get get rid of some hard
coded logic for the "unsupported" repository, and make AUR2 a generic
pacman package/PKGBUILD web interface, allowing more than one
binary/PKGBUILD repository.

[1] http://www.github.com/sebnow/parched