[aur-dev] Method to get all packages

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 08:30:54 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Lukas Appelhans <l.appelhans at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Mittwoch 28 Januar 2009 03:55:30 Loui Chang wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 07:39:26PM +0100, Lukas Appelhans wrote:
>> > The reason why I need to get all packages is to build a list of available
>> > packages (which gets cached then...), the user can search in it then...
>> > (or just dig a bit in it...). This all is for the AUR-Intergration into
>> > Shaman2 (you might probably already know the 1.x version which is in
>> > community...)...
>>
>> Alright. That's not so bad, but we'd have to make sure this is
>> aggressively cached on the server side as well to prevent abuse.
>> Updating only every 12 to 24 hours.
> Ok :) I attached a patch, which makes update it every 24 Hours (first call
> after new day... ;))...
>
> Untested though (as usual) ;)
>
> Comments?

Your caching method isn't going to work- PHP isn't going to store your
state between requests.

Loui and Lukas- I would recommend looking at APC for this, the same
way I modified the stats page. Of course, if we are going to use it
outside of that page, we should probably look to make it a universally
usable interface.

-Dan