[aur-dev] Using curl to upload to the AUR

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Jul 5 13:21:42 EDT 2009

I am not sure if this is related to the recent move to a new server but
I am no longer able to use curl to upload to the AUR (via aurploader).
I can't see anything different in the package submit form but
attempting to upload a package now returns this page:

 <head>
  <title>417 - Expectation Failed</title>
 </head>
  <h1>417 - Expectation Failed</h1>

As the aurploader code has not changed in months, this must be due
either to a change in curl or in the AUR. I am still able to login
using aurploader and retrieve the page with the submit form. Googling
suggests that this is a lighttpd server error. I will keep trying to
find a workaround for curl if this is the case, but could someone
please check it it's possible to resolve this serverside?

Thanks.

Xyne