[aur-dev] AUR2

Sebastian Nowicki sebnow at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 07:33:37 EST 2009

I implemented the base of pkgparse (my Yacc/Lex parser). Currently it
only handles word assignment (and not perfectly yet, values spanning
multiple lines aren't handled). A few more features need to be
implemented before it's really usable (the aforementioned bug, pattern
matching notation and parameter expansion modifiers, and of course
split package support).

I don't think I'll be modifying the history of the experimental
branch[1] anymore, so if anyone wants to contribute, go ahead. There's
a release_prep branch with some things done to prepare for a release
(not yet), but it still needs cleaning. I'm not sure if I'll be
developing it as actively as I was, as I don't really have much time
to spare.

I'm quite satisfied with the progress. It seems quite possible to make
an accurate and efficient PKGBUILD parser. Once finished it will
definitely be worth using in AUR2 and any other projects dealing with
PKGBUILDs.

[1]: http://github.com/sebnow/pkgparse