[aur-dev] Can I please get a dump of the pkgbuilds in AUR?

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 13:38:38 EDT 2010

On Sun 20 Jun 2010 10:10 +0100, Nathan Wayde wrote:
> I know this has come up before with issues about scraping the files
> in AUR but this is a different question. Is it possible to get a
> dump of all the files in AUR, don't ask for what reason I need
> them[1].
>
> This would only be a one-time thing from then on I can sync via rss
> with no problem.
>
> [1] My only answer will be that the descriptions in AUR are pretty
> bad and the search is almost useless if you don't know the name of a
> pkg you want to search for.

I recommend helping improve the AUR's search functionality then.
I cannot see any practical reason for you to have all the files in the
AUR. Do you want to do some kind of analysis or something?

It would be nice if you could share your intentions if you expect to
receive data in your preferred format. Otherwise all the files are
freely accessible via other methods.

That said, I still need a really compelling reason to do this. It would
probably be better to explore other ways to solve your problem.