[aur-dev] Checking packages names against official repos in the AUR when uploading

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 11:50:48 EST 2010

On Thu 16 Dec 2010 10:35 +0100, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> Hi, Loui!
>
> I'm recently having a look at FS#12902 [1]. It's about comparing names
> to the official repo databases when uploading a package. I think that
> would be really easy to implement if we have an additional directory
> where we put repo databases and keep them in sync using a `pacman -Sy`
> cronjob or something similar. Parsing the databases is very easy using
> Archive_Tar (which we already use anyways) as well. Only thing I don't
> like about that is the delay caused by mirrors and the cronjob which
> will be a problem if we decide to move a package from the official repos
> to [unsupported].
>
> What do you think about that? Should we implement this at all? :)
>
> [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12902

Hello Mr Fleischer!

Yeah I think it should be implemented.

We can check the local sync database (or point it to any arbitrary
pacman database in config.inc) and create dummy entries for packages
that are already in the binary repos. To get around the problem of
moving packages to [unsupported] we can make the upload restriction
exempt for Trusted Users, since they'll probably be the ones moving the
packages and should be trusted to check the binary repos before
submitting to the AUR.

You should send this to the mailing list too! CCd

Cheers.