[aur-dev] Safe and relatively reliable PKGBUILD parser.

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Fri Jan 8 13:50:39 EST 2010

> What was the problem with that from Sebastian which was discussed
> earlier on the mailing lists, IRCs ? How does it know more ?

I don't know. I wrote this because I needed a PKGBUILD parser in Perl
for Bauerbill. Maybe it's better, maybe it's worse. I posted it here in
case someone finds it useful per se, or wishes to take any of the ideas
from it and use them to iimprove other parsers.

Hmmm, after briefly reviewing the messages, I can mention that my
parser:
* doesn't depent on Yacc/Lex
* supports split packages already
* handles multiline assignments
* supports interpolation and string substitutions