[aur-dev] AUR new package notification

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Tue Apr 12 09:16:05 EDT 2011

I'm not subscribed to new package notifications but it seems like AUR
this feature has been disabled for a while now. At least, I did neither
find a cronjob running "newpackage-notify" nor the "tupkgs.conf"
configuration file that is required to run this script. Browsing the
aur-dev archives, I also found a mail [1] from 2008 reporting that the
cronjob was obviously disabled.

Do we still need this at all?

Given that there were no complaints for more than two years and that
there's a RSS feed [2] for new packages, I'd say we can drop the
notification script as well as the field on the account page.

Objections?

[1] http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2008-June/000323.html
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/rss.php