[aur-dev] Question about sanitized data dumps

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:29:41 EST 2011

On Sun 30 Jan 2011 13:54 -0800, elij wrote:
> I have been [fooling around][1] with an aur-rpc reimplementation in
> ruby+redis with sphinx as the search engine.
>
> Loui [mentioned][2] he had been thinking about providing a dump of the
> existing database or something, to users who are interested in
> developing features and/or replacements.
>
> If so, and assuming the dump is sanitized in some way (remove real
> user email addresses, etc), I would certainly be interested. It would
> be nice to get some real data to play with.
>
> Is there any more information currently available on this?

Nothing has been set up yet, it's just something I had been thinking
about. I think it could encourage more development. Yeah we would
definitely have to sanitize the data. Providing the source packages via
rsync or something would be the first step. I'm not too sure about MySQL
data yet though.

> Thanks.

Thanks for your continued interest Eliott!