[aur-dev] Package blacklist for the AUR

Justin Davis jrcd83 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:18:16 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Lukas Fleischer
<archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I recently started working on a package blacklist for the official AUR
> which can e.g. be used to prevent people from uploading packages in the
> official repos to [unsupported] (cf. FS#12902 [1]). Patches can be found
> in the "pkg-blacklist" branch of my working tree [2]. They currently
> include some code that adds a "PackageBlacklist" table and a hacky
> helper utility that can be used to update that table by sync'ing it with
> some binary repos.
>
> Constructive criticism and suggestions welcome!
>
> [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12902
> [2] http://git.cryptocrack.de/aur.git/log/?h=pkg-blacklist

All around pretty awesome. I wouldn't have written it in C myself but
more power to you! What about provides lists from packages as well?
Can you add those to the blacklist? I think you (or someone) should
but maybe I am wrong.

Two char indent? Eew ;) JK, it's better than tabs...

--
-Justin