[aur-dev] aur-dev Digest, Vol 39, Issue 8

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 00:16:37 EST 2011

Why would you do this? I find it immensely useful to look at the patches AUR
developers use so I can see what they do to packages out of curiosity. Now I
will have to download the tarball to see the same thing even if it's a
program I don't want to compile and use.

Furthermore, I refer to several of my own patches with links to the AUR
website. When I'm emailing someone saying "here is a patch you might like" I
often provide a link to
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/medit-full/medit-full/bindings2.diff(which
still works but for how long) instead of pasting it or attaching it.
Just off the top of my head I can think of two websites and two bug reports
I've made that I will have to change if these links stop working.

Please reconsider. And if I've missed my chance to complain because this was
voted on in the mailing lists then I'm sorry for missing it but I highly
doubt that was the case.

Please note that this release removes all the code for automatic tarball