[aur-dev] various implementations of a json api query endpoint for the aur

Justin Davis jrcd83 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 12:02:58 EDT 2011

Very cool! Are any of these implementations hosted anywhere?

I have been making an AUR scraper/copier that saves package
meta-information. There is also a web service that provides the data.
I put both the database and webservice here: http://juster.us/aurlite

This scraper saves the AUR data into a new schema as well as using
SQLite so it has a slightly different angle than your projects.
Because it is essentially read-only this works out well for my needs.
I was not trying to mirror or re-implement the AUR. I was thinking of
adding binary ALPM repos as well to provide a single service for
searching/browsing packages across many repos as well as the AUR. This
would probably have a javascript frontent much like your livesearch!

The whole thing is written in perl. The webservice uses Dancer which
is basically a perl copy of ruby's Sinatra. Maybe you would be
interested in it because your web services seem so similar.
--
-Justin