[aur-dev] Subset of database for autocomplete

Marcel Korpel marcel.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 06:51:30 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Axilleas Pi <axilleas at archlinux.info> wrote:
> On 12/04/2012 03:32 PM, Marcel Korpel wrote:
> If I understood correctly, you could do that by invoking
> |gendummydata.py [0].
>
> [0] https://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/tree/INSTALL

Thanks for pointing me to that installation guide, I overlooked it.

However, if I perform

# python gendummydata.py dummy-data.sql

(after installing fortune-mod) I get the following error:

DEBUG: Grabbing words from seed file...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gendummydata.py", line 90, in <module>
    contents = fp.readlines()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.3/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
    return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
1793: ordinal not in range(128)

I really don't know where that byte 0xc3 is produced.

Regards,
Marcel