[aur-dev] dummy-data.sql

Marcel Korpel marcel.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:02:51 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> wrote:
> Check your locale. Make sure you have a UTF-8 locale uncommented in
> /etc/locale.gen, that it's actually generated, and that 'locale' doesn't
> show any errors in displaying that LANG (well, I guess LC_CTYPE) is set
> to a UTF-8 locale.

Ah, my LANG and all other locale variables were still set to 'C', so
that caused the problem. When setting my locale to en_US.UTF-8, the
file is correctly generated and the database gets populated.

Only my Midnight Commander screen looks horrible, but I'll ask about
that at an appropriate place.

Thanks for solving this issue!

Regards, Marcel