[aur-dev] Introduction and proposal

Mario Mueller mario at xenji.com
Fri Jul 27 03:40:26 EDT 2012

Hey folks,

my name is Mario Mueller, I'm a web developer from Duesseldorf, Germany.
I'm rather new to the Arch Linux community, but I must admit, that I love
the distribution already and I want to help the Arch Linux community. I
contacted Lukas (cryptocrack) and offered my help by supporting the AUR
development with heart and hands. He told me that you guys and gals are
willing to relaunch the AUR based on Django - so I started to do so. You
can take a look at my proposal at https://bitbucket.org/xenji/aur-django/.

I've used the actual PHP code from the AUR git repo as a start. The HTML
comes from the archweb repository. I kindly request your feedback on the
existing code and requests for the upcoming changes.

The test data from the generator script gives a good start for the
development, but a dump from the live database, without the Users table,
would help me to understand the size of the data. In addition, I kindly ask
you for telling me a rough number of visitors / page impression to evaluate
the caching mechanism needed for a fast service.

Best regards,
xenji