[aur-dev] reinstalling an already installed app

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 09:59:38 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com>wrote:

> After building the app, I cd in the src directroy, then run make install,
> Et voila!

This is a very bad idea. Files installed on your system are supposed to be
managed by pacman. By doing a make install you are putting yourself in the
exact same situation you were before: pacman will complain when installing
the package because of file not owned by the package already present.

> N.B: Last time I posted in the gen ML about an AUR package, they send me
> to the AUR ML !! So I am not sure how to choose

There is 2 different AUR ML:
aur-dev which is this one and is dedicated to development of the
application running the AUR.
aur-general which should be used for discussion about AUR content.

This current email should be acceptable both in aur-general or in
arch-general. aur-general because Texstudio is provided on the AUR.
arch-general because your question is mainly related to pacman usage.

--
Cédric Girard