[aur-dev] AUR Android app

Pedro Veloso pedro.n.veloso at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 16:13:35 EDT 2013

Thank you for the tips @Chris. That was somewhat what I was thinking as
well ;)

I've started to code the application today, and even made a forum post to
ask for icons and other graphic content from community, which might be
interested in providing such things. ->

The project is on GitHub : https://github.com/pedronveloso/AURHelperDroid
And it is published under the Apache 2.0 license.

For those who want to test but don't want to compile the
app themselves here you've the APK:
https://content.wuala.com/contents/pedronveloso/Documents/Projects/AURHelperDroid/AURHelperDroid_build1.apk?key=bT9DuqEElhi7&id=1,1145340,11-2733,2369930,18

And for those that don't have an Android you can check the pics I posted on
the forum post ;).

This is a very early build, right now I haven't actually made any of the
logic for the RPC. I've though about the application in the past few days
before starting to implement it and right now I got the main flow, features
and requirements on paper. Among those features I though it makes sense for
the app to have a place to see the latest packages, I done it via the AUR
RSS feed. That item is already implemented in this first build, although it
still needs to send feedback to the user that something is loading when he
enters the "New" screen and a ton of other things like caching, etc. As I
said it is very premature still, but I just wanted to share the progress
like I said I would.

Cheers