[aur-dev] Remove package search auto-complete

Daniel Landau daniel.landau at iki.fi
Mon Dec 30 11:42:18 EST 2013

On 30.12.2013 02:30, Callan wrote:
> My biggest problem with it though, where is my saved time? I type a package name in, I click the unique result, I hit enter and then I still need to click a link on the result page. If this feature gets kept in it should at least automatically open the package page on a unique result.

It seems that adding the following to the front page fixes both the
multiple enter problem and adds direct loading of a package page on
click of a result:

$('#pkgsearch-field').keydown( function(e) {
  if (e.keyCode == 13) {
    $('#pkgsearch-form').submit();
  }
});

$('ul.pkgsearch-typeahead').click( function () {
  var pkg = $(this).find('li.active').attr('data-value');
  document.location = '/packages/'+pkg;
});

Daniel Landau