[aur-dev] cookies + suspended account

Alexander Griesbaum agrsbm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:30:30 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Daniel Wallace <danielwallace at gtmanfred.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been having to deal with some idiot who is pissed off in the aur
> for some reason.  He keeps marking all my packages out of date.  And
> somehow he is able to continually do this even after I have suspended
> his account.  I am not sure if this is because of the cookie still
> working and him still being logged in.
>
> Would it be possible to add captchas to flag packages out of date, or to
> make it so that suspending an account kills the cookie?

Maybe I missed something...
I want to get back to the fact, that the user could flag packages after he
was suspended. In January, canyonknight committed a patch for this
specific problem[1]:
"A suspended user can stay in active sessions. Introduce new function
delete_user_sessions to remove all open sessions for a specific user.
Allows suspensions to take effect immediately."

I tested this locally and I can confirm that the suspended user was
immediately logged out. Maybe you should file a bug report and
we should do some tests here?
--

I don't like captchas. What if the time you have to wait between flagging
packages will be doubled from package to package? If you stop flagging

Alex
//gridcol

[1]
https://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/commit/web?id=150b0f9f0a5174e72a27469030135e98b2a43815