[aur-dev] [aur-general] Fighting spam on the AUR

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Mar 16 12:26:31 EDT 2013

Am 16.03.2013 17:07, schrieb Florian Dejonckheere:
> The bot could easily be adjusted to execute the command and pass the form.
> There seems to be only one command (on the wiki). If multiple commands were
> to be used (maybe including interactive ones), I think the probability of
> automation would be greatly decreased.

The script is configurable to display different questions and answers.
You can even set multiple and a random one will be picked.

Till now no bot was programmed to bypass the forum or wiki
registration, even though both are a way more viable target than the
AUR. Therefor I would suggest to just try it; the code is already
written. We can gradually extend it later if needed. It's actually
important to not go with the best solution we can come up with right
from the start.

Greetings,

Pierre