[aur-dev] pkgbase queries via RPC interface

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sat Aug 16 15:02:43 EDT 2014

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 at 20:42:21, Colin Woodbury wrote:
> And for helpers to have to redownload that that frequently would be a pain.
> Would it update when a new package was uploaded or changed?
> [...]

Well, pacman needs to frequently reload the package databases as well
(every time you run `pacman -Sy`). If we have delta support, it should
not be too bad.

As I mentioned before, it would update periodically (every hour or so,
and maybe additional delay if mirrors are going to be used). You would
have the same delay the you currently have when installing packages from
the official repositories.