[aur-dev] Remove package search auto-complete

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 05:20:22 EST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Joris Steyn <jorissteyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> The changes proposed by Daniel Landau fix both issues, but do not allow
> using the
> keyboard to select a package from the list. Attached patch is based on
> those
> changes and cover the following use cases:
>
> * a user enters a search term and presses enter -> search results page
> * a user enters a search term and clicks on a suggestion -> package page
> * a user enters a search term and selects a suggestion using keyboard ->
> package page

This is improvement but I still feel the lack of a button. If I past a part
of a package name and want to go to the search result page I still need to
reach the keyboard just to press enter. Moreover this is quite
counter-intuitive as I have often looked if there was any button hidden
somewhere after the introduction of this suggestion feature.

Regards,
--
Cédric Girard