[aur-dev] Split package support
archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sat Jan 18 12:01:10 EST 2014
On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 at 16:00:50, Dave Reisner wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 03:52:09PM +0100, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> > That sounds like an even better idea. So we're making the package pages
> > look like the archweb package pages, with PKGBUILD and tarball links.
> > But do we include comments etc. from the pkgbase there as well? Or
> > rather have the actions and comments on the pkgbase pages only?
> If comments, etc. will be shared amongst all output packages, then it
> makes sense, to me, to also load them on the pkgbase page.
> > And when searching, we only return package pages?
So the plan is:
* Create a "PackageBases" table with a "Name" column and transfer the
following fields from the "Packages" table:
- CategoryID (?)
* Change the foreign key references in PackageVotes, PackageComments and
* Write a migration script that converts the tables accordingly.
We probably want to use the package name as pkgbase name for existing
* Adjust the package submission script: Create pkgbase and packages on
submission (check all packages for conflicts with existing ones,
filter all packages using the blacklist, etc.!)
* Redesign the UI: Add pkgbase pages that contain links to all packages
belonging to the pkgbase and also provide package actions and
comments/votes (do we want to add these to non-split packages as
well?) The package pages contain links to the corresponding pkgbase
pages as well.
* Adjust the RPC interface and add missing features/information.
Did I miss anything?
More information about the aur-dev