[aur-dev] Git repositories for AUR packages

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Tue Jun 24 05:44:30 EDT 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 at 09:20:08, 郑文辉 (Techlive Zheng) wrote:
> [...]
> So, this means, all the maintainers have to use git to submit
> packages? Any thought on keeping the old package submission form and
> proceed the commit process on the server? which will allow normal
> people to contribute packages.
> [...]

I don't think the old package submission form will be supported any
longer. All that package maintainers need to know is how to use
git-add(1), git-commit(1) and git-push(1). Since package maintainers
should have some very basic knowledge on VCS anyway, I don't think we
expect too much here.

Also, note that dropping all the tarball handling code allows us for
cleaning up the AUR a lot.