[aur-dev] mismatched AUR IDs

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sat May 31 05:15:48 EDT 2014

Hi Xyne,

On Sat, 31 May 2014 at 04:29:21, Xyne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of updating python3-aur for the 3.0.0 release and I have
> come across a bug. The IDs of recently updated packages reported by the RPC
> interface are incorrect. For example, etmtk is currently listed in the Recent
> Updates feed on the front page. The RPC interface reports the ID as 83532 but
> the true ID (e.g. for the deletion form) is 80587.

The correct ID of the package indeed is 83532, whereas 80587 is the ID
of the package base. The RPC interface returns information on packages
but you can only delete package bases. Maybe we should add the package
base ID of packages to the new RPC interface?

> Packages that have not been updated since the release of 3.0.0 do not appear to
> encounter this bug.

Yes, this is because package base ID and package ID are the same for
these packages.

> Regards,
> Xyne

Regards,