[aur-dev] AUR 3.5.0 released

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sun Nov 23 14:59:34 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 12:07:07AM +0100, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am pleased to announce that AUR 3.5.0 has been released. The official
> AUR setup [1] has already been updated.
>
> This release adds support for architecture-specific sources (resp.
> provides, conflicts, replaces) and for .SRCINFO, both of which will be
> included in the next pacman release. Apart from that, the package list
> and package base list are now official and available at [2, 3]. There
> have also been a couple of internal changes and bug fixes.
>
> For a comprehensive list of changes, please consult the Git log [4]. As
> usual, bugs should be reported to the AUR bug tracker [5].
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.gz
> [3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase.gz
> [4] https://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/log/?id=v3.5.0
> [5] https://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?project=2

Hi,

In addition to this, I'll be releasing a new version of mkaurball today
which ceases generation of AURINFO and creates SRCINFO instead. If
you're using a recent enough pacman-git[0], mkaurball will just forward
on makepkg, offering very little of its own logic.

Consider this is the beginning of my efforts to deprecate mkaurball. Of
of the pacman 4.2.0, mkaurball will be obsolete and will likely be
replaced with a script which just yells at you to use makepkg instead.

Cheers,
dR

[0] https://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=6029a77ac