[aur-dev] AUR 4 and licensing

Joris Steyn jorissteyn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:04:58 UTC 2015

I like this idea, but I don't think it's sound to consider something
GPL-licensed because the author checked a box or accepted the TOC. I doubt
that has any legal significance.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use a mandatory two-line header like below?
The pre-receive hook could enforce that.

# Copyright [year or year range] [author name]
# Distributed under the terms of the [license name]

This is what Gentoo does for ebuilds in its package database. This way the
licensing information isn't lost when the repository is forked.