[aur-dev] Remove category support

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri Feb 27 15:24:07 UTC 2015

On 27.02.2015 15:23, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 at 14:56:40, Dustin Falgout wrote:
>> [...]
>> Well, I think the natural place to start is the freedesktop.org spec. I
>> think it makes sense to use all the main categories[1] and then choose a
>> few child categories from the Additional Categories[2] defined by the spec.
>>

> I prefer replacing the hard-coded categories with user-definable tags.

Shouldn't such tags be in the PKGBUILD and also be available in pacman
for searching? That said you pretty much get all those features if you
put hashtags (like on twitter) into the description of the package.

All that's missing then would be a tag cloud, but that's pretty simple
to set up if the hashtag scheme was used.