[aur-dev] Remove category support

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Fri Feb 27 17:36:43 UTC 2015

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 at 17:20:36, Dustin Falgout wrote:
> [...]
> That's a neat idea which certainly is easy enough to accomplish. Though I
> don't think such tags should replace the categories. Users may not always
> know exactly what app/package they are looking for. Categories are the best
> way to facilitate app/package discovery (IMO).

Could you please provide 2-3 realistic use cases (maybe with examples on
the production AUR database) where categories actually help with finding
the right package? Having such examples might help with investigating
whether tags would be a good replacement and how we can generally
improve the search interface.

> Best Regards,
> Dustin Falgout

Regards,