[aur-dev] Should git hook check for missing files?

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Sat May 30 19:29:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

I just tested the omittance of an install file after adding an
`install` variable to a PKGBUILD and running mksrcinfo. `git push` went
on without errors. The same with a local, non-downloadable file.

So, my question is: should the git hook also test for missing files? Of
course this is non-trivial, as all instances of `source` in .SRCINFO
should be processed at that point *and* checked for non-downloadable
files (non-URLs). Perhaps it's a feature that could be added in the
future. Of course I'm asking because I fear that people will forget to
add new patches/install files/etc. to the index and upload commits
where necessary files are missing.

If you want to test, I created a bogus package at
https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/foobartest/

Best, Marcel