[aur-dev] SSH interface for modifying package metadata

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sun Feb 7 19:56:55 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 11:29:48AM -0500, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> On 02/07/2016 09:53 AM, Gordian Edenhofer wrote:
> > On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 09:30 -0500, Dave Reisner wrote:
> >>
> >> Why the extra level of indirection (i.e. verb $subject subverb $args)
> >> Why not:
> >>
> >>   ssh aur at aur.archlinux.org set-keywords <pkgbase> [...]
> >>
> >> I think it's more natural to provide the whole "verb" up front.
> >>

> > +1 for set-keywords
> >

> +2
> There aren't so many verbs that we are drowning in them and need to
> group them...
>

> Alternatively, use "keywords".
> Maybe using it without feeding a keyword could return the current
> keywords? If so, "set-keywords" would be inaccurate.

I feel like this is exactly the sort of ambiguity that's trying to be
avoided -- using non-verbs to describe actions. With your proposal, how
would you clear the currently set keywords?

If you want to list the current keywords, "get-keywords" sounds like the
right approach, rather than overloading something which is inherently
vague.