[aur-dev] pkgbase and seperate pkgver on subpackages

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Wed May 11 13:43:03 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 02:52:39PM +0200, Ignat Harczuk wrote:
> I am the current repo maintainer for intel-parallel-studio-xe, and I was
> wondering if there is a way to have a package built as a pkgbase, while
> individually giving each package its own version number?
>
> As it was when i took over the orphaned package, the installation procedure
> was to do:
>
> makepkg
>
> This generated all the .pkg.tar.gz files which had different version
> numbers but had to be installed seperately, which is according to the
> instructions in the wiki.
>

> I would like to change it to make it possible to issue makepkg -i, and thus
> installing all the packages. But this only works when one single version
> number is used for the entire pkgbase, and individual version numbers for
> mkl/tbb will not be seen in pacman.
>

> Is there a known fix to what I try to do?

This used to be possible:

https://git.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=2020e6297b021946c31c1e46b6ede3c4734ef85d

...but I found it to be a strange feature with confusing side effects,
so I removed support for it in my quest to add SRCINFO support to
makepkg.

https://git.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=8a02abcf194a7d4479c39cf0ce2dc03db9b199e1

dR