[aur-dev] [Bug Report] Fwd: AUR Ownership Notification for rcm

Thiago Barroso Perrotta tbperrotta at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 00:21:35 UTC 2017

I just disowned a package in the AUR, and then I received the following automatic email:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: notify at aur.archlinux.org <mailto:notify at aur.archlinux.org>
> Subject: AUR Ownership Notification for rcm
> Date: 21 January 2017 22:07:54 GMT-2
> To: < <mailto:tbperrotta at gmail.com>my email address>
>
> The package rcm [1] was disowned by serialoverflow [2].
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/rcm/ <https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/rcm/>
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/serialoverflow/ <https://aur.archlinux.org/account/serialoverflow/>

I want to stress this part out:

The package rcm [1] was disowned by serialoverflow [2].

User `serialoverflow` was the only co-maintainer of the `rcm` package; and now, he is the current maintainer, since I have disowned the package.

The aforementioned message is wrong, because I was the one who disowned the package, not its former co-maintainer.

In other words:

* Package X has Y as its maintainer and Z as its co-maintainer.
* Y, the maintainer, disowns the package.
* AUR sends an email stating that Z, not Y, disowned the package.

This is a bug.

- Thiago