Searching the AUR API by dependent packages?

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat Jan 27 23:41:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

I wanted to use the AUR API to list packages that depend on a specific
package.  But it seems that the API does not implement this kind of
search.

The use-case is the following: when I bump a package in [community],
I would like to list all packages in the AUR that potentially need a
rebuild.

Would this be a welcome addition to the API?  If it is, I may try to hack
this myself (but I have no guarantee about available time, and I stopped
writing PHP and raw SQL years ago)

The API I have in mind is the following:

    /rpc/?type=search&by=depends&arg=ocaml → returns all packages that depend on ocaml

    /rpc/?type=search&by=makedepends&arg=ocaml → returns all packages that make-depend on ocaml

    /rpc/?type=search&by=optdepends&arg=ocaml → returns all packages that opt-depend on ocaml

Thanks,
Baptiste