Tech stack for Python aurweb

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 3 21:57:34 UTC 2020

On Wed, 03 Jun 2020 at 17:37:00, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> Right, I had not understood this would be such a strong design constraint.
> In that case, yes, Django is clearly out of the loop.

Yes, should definitely have been more clear about this in the initial
email, especially since I was asking for comments from non-contributors.

> I understand the advantages of a gradual rollout.  However there's a risk
> that the new code can end up being inconsistent, with possible security
> impacts.  You will have to really double-check any code related to
> authentication, autorization, privilege, permissions, etc.

Good point, we are aware of that and we will be trying to minimize the
amount of duplicate code. For example, logins will always only be
handled in either the PHP code or the Python code, but we need to
validate session cookies in both code bases of course.

> Indeed, I didn't know FastAPI.  It looks like a more fancy/modern Flask,
> which is a good sign.

Thanks again for your comments!