Review Translation Merge Requests

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Sat Dec 4 07:10:40 UTC 2021

Hello AUR users & devs,

We've got a large amount of translation updates incoming from
Transifex, and we really need to get these reviewed as much as
we can before merging into the devel branch. Almost every language
has updates.

The proposed translation updates can be seen and reviewed in
their relevent merge requests, located in
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/aurweb/-/merge_requests

Each MR is titled "Update {domain} translations"

If you wish to test these on a live website, you'll need `docker`
and `docker-compose` packages. Checkout to and pull the `update-{domain}`
branch on kevr's fork at https://gitlab.archlinux.org/kevr/aurweb,
then run the following in the repository:

    $ docker-compose build
    $ docker-compose up -d nginx

When the `nginx` service is up, you can browse to
https://localhost:8444, change the language to your target, and
check it out.

Each translation string has a comment with the filename of the
originator of the string; this can be used to deduce the route
where the translation is used, and the msgid can be used to figure
out where in the route it should translate.

Thanks for reading, we really appreciate any help that you guys
give to us <3

Regards,
Kevin

--