[aur-general] Packages from extra with no maintainer

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:15:16 EST 2007

2007/12/10, Jordi Cerdan <jcerdan at tecob.com>:
> Hi,
>
> What happens to the packages that are in community with no maintainer?
> Can someone adopt them or must we wait that the package goes to
> unsupported? (ex: pygoocanvas)
>
> I am new to the list and maybe this question is out of place. If this is
> the case, please excuse-me...

They can be adopted by TUs only, or go to Unsupported if nobody wants them.
There was a big community repo cleanup in the past.
Not sure if we need another one right now, but feel free to name
orphans that you think need more care - and we can decide their future
per-case.

In case of pygoocanvas - its a dependency of 'conduit' only which is
Unsupported, so if it is not a makedependency for some community
package - it's safe to move to Unsupported.
We could move pygoocanvas to Unsupported unless some TU is interested
in maintaining it.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)