[aur-general] REMOVAL: xterminus

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:04:56 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 11:38 PM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I'm not going to comment on xterminus' removal, or anything of that
> sort.  I'd just like to hear your reasoning for taking perfectly good
> PKGBUILDs and removing them from the face of the earth.   Why not go
> into unsupported, if nobody wants to maintain them?

My reasoning for this was because it's about 200 packages that are all
fairly specialized and are all created and updated with a special
script we no longer have access to. This was just an initial
suggestion to get the ball rolling and I'm fine with them going into
unsupported if people think that's the better course of action to
take. I guess that as long as the foundations are set up it's no big
deal for anyone to adopt one and update it, so I'll agree with you
that they are moved to unsupported instead.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett