[aur-general] Enforcing TU Bylaws

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:12:01 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 2:49 AM, Vesa Kaihlavirta <vpkaihla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2007 9:52 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Dec 20, 2007 1:35 AM, Vesa Kaihlavirta <vpkaihla at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > No, no no. We cannot force people to vote, that also means that the vote
> > > means
> > > nothing.
> >
> > You can abstain from the vote. Valid "votes" are yes/no/abstain.
> >
> > Still, if a TU abstains every single vote coming down the pipe then,
> > as wizzo said, I'm sure there are many other people willing to do your
> > job AND vote.
> >

> "Many other people", are you fucking kidding me? I thought we had a huge
> deficit of active TUs and developers?

Depends on how you define deficit. I'm claiming that people are
_willing_, but that is not the same as being _qualified_

In the future, would it be possible to not be so temperamental with
the responses? We're all adults here and should conduct ourselves as
such. I'll be the first one to say "man, that's a stupid idea", but
you won't see me spouting off "man you're a fuck wad!" anytime soon.