[aur-general] Enforcing TU Bylaws

Vinay Shastry vinayshastry at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:42:12 EST 2007

My take on this whole issue: I strongly believe that laws are made for
the people, i.e. for our convenience, and not the other way around.
The laws referenced in the current discussion are not written in
stone. If it doesn't suit a situation, let us amend it.

IMO, a provision must be made where a TU can be allowed to remain so
even if he/she is not interested in administrative activities (like
electing new TUs or sponsoring etc.) but is participating in other
helpful activities like packaging, discussions, bug reports etc.

I consider administrative activities to be "extra" activities of a TU.
And I feel asking a TU to step down because of refusal to participate
in voting is not a good idea. I urge other TUs to kindly reconsider
and not oust useful members for this reason alone.

(One more thing, has anyone considered disabling xterminus's CVS
login? You know... to avoid "accidents" if the login credentials falls
into wrong hands as we have no idea what's happening at his end.)

Thanks,

--
Vinay S Shastry
http://thenub.one09.net