[aur-general] Enforcing TU Bylaws

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:51:49 EST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 7:53 PM, Vesa Kaihlavirta <vpkaihla at gmail.com> wrote:
>   1) TU voting. Is it pointless in its current form? Are we pretty much
> reduced to rubber stamps in those elections?
>   2) Are our tools lacking? Are we willing to create and maintain additional
> infrastructure specifically designed for TU activities?

I'm very happy that we can get this all worked out, the last thing I
ever wanted was for our technically active TUs to leave and I'm sorry
if it came off that way.

Regarding these two points, I think voting is still important as it
remains a tool for some degree of quality checking and more
importantly a way for all TUs to keep in contact with each other and
keep up to date with what's currently happening. I think instead of
changing the fact that we vote we need to make it more convenient and
integrated to the AUR. I've talked with both Bjorn and Mikko on IRC
and we have come up with the loose idea of a voting and application
system that is integrated with the AUR (and more automated). I think
if this was created properly it seems to solve a lot of problems and
the AUR serves as an already standing code base for us to build on
without a lot of trouble hopefully (considering things like account
set up).

We really need to get this started though if it's going to get
anywhere and keep it as small as we can so it doesn't become too big
to handle. I don't want it to be like "oh, we can leave that for
AUR2".

> Also, I think we agreed on that no active TU should feel they should leave
> because of this thing.

Again, no TU should leave because of anything I've said. It wasn't
supposed to make people leave.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett