[aur-general] [tur-users] Applying to become a TU

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:31:42 EST 2007

2007/11/23, R. van Haren <pressh at gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
>
> Using Arch for about 2 and a half year I think it's time for me to
> step up and apply to become a trusted user. I really want to help make
> Arch even beter than it is in its current state!
>
> Let me first introduce myself.
> My name is Ronald, I'm from the Netherlands, and currently I'm busy
> with getting my Masters degree in Aerospace engineering. Computer
> oriented I've done some courses on java, matlab, and currently taking
> on python for another course. I switched to linux fulltime in 2001,
> after a couple of years of dual booting.
>
> What have I done so far to help the Arch community ?
> Obviously helping out on the forum (my username is pressh). Had a
> period of helping out on IRC as well, but I guess I just like the
> forum more.
> Tried to start up the ArchWD project
> (http://user-contributions.org/wikis/userwiki/index.php?title=ArchWD-FVWM)
> back in 2005 together with Rasat but it is currently in sleeping mode
> ever since 2006.
> I also once wrote a wiki entry on fsab but, although the wiki is very
> important, it is just not my thing.
>
> Now do I have packages in the AUR ? Yes of course I do have them
> (although some have picked up by some of you trusted users :)).
> Currently I'm maintaining 14 packages, listed below:
>
> desktop-flickr-organizer
> f-spot-svn
> gnome-main-menu-svn
> kdestyle-serenity
> kmp
> ksquirrel
> ksquirrel-libs
> nautilus-image-converter
> picasa
> pyneighborhood
> ristretto
> ttf-aquafont
> ttf-inconsolata
> usp2
>
> Most of them I do not use myself,but I picked them up either because
> someone requested, or I once used them myself. I think it's important
> to keep updating these packages as some people do still use them (at
> least that's what I hope).
>
> Now that I've introduced myself I'm looking for someone who wants to
> sponsor me (if any). Please feel free to ask any questions I do not
> have answered yet.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ronald van Haren
>
> a.k.a. pressh

It seems sometimes such messages are unreplied for quite some time...
Your nick was pretty noticeable for me in times when I was visiting
forums very often. :-)
Your packages in AUR are OK, though I have some suggestions, which
I've sent to you in private mail.
In fact, I've added 2 of your packages to my "grab them sometime" list
some time ago. :-P
Oh, BTW, don't we already have someone studiying Aerospace
engineering? /me looks at James ;-)

I'm sponsoring Ronald on his way to become a TU.
This starts a standard discussion period.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)