[aur-general] Should I bring rpm/dkpg to community

stefan-husmann at t-online.de stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Mon Apr 7 13:47:34 EDT 2008

Hello,

for that purpose it is okay to have dpkg, but honestly, there are
not many people who use a ArchLinux system for building packages
for other systems than ArchLinux. On the other hand there is the
danger of having people who see a nice rpm ore deb somewhere and
say "oh, there is no PKGBUILD for that, lets installa it using
dpkg."

They can do it now using the PKGBUILD for dpkg, but that is one
step more.

Stefan